Here’s how to call your Member of Congress:

  1. Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to ask for your representative or senator. You will be connected to the office you request.
  2. Say:

Hi, my name is [name] and I’m calling from [city, state].

I’m calling to urge [name of elected official] to be an active cosponsor of the Scientific Integrity Act and urge the House Science Committee to move this critical bill forward.

I want scientists to be able to follow their research wherever it leads – without political interference – and share their findings honestly to help inform governmental decisions on public health and safety.

Thank you for your time.

3. If you reach voicemail, leave a message.

Thank you for making the call!

Our partners at the Union of Concerned Scientists want to hear from you how your call went. Fill out this quick survey from UCS.

To learn more about our work to protect scientific integrity, check out these free resources: